Five Important Things About Zinc Oxide22.10.2021
Although it might sound like something you would find in your car’s alloys, Zinc Oxide is a great option for your skin. It offers many beauty and health benefits, as well as many benefits for your skin. Zinc Oxide, a true undiscovered hero, is an effective treatment for wounds, irritation, and acne. It is also one of the best forms of sun protection, even for the most sensitive skin types. We’ve highlighted some of the many benefits and reasons why Zinc Oxide is a powerful ingredient in skincare.
1. It blocks UV Rays
Zinc oxide is a natural sun protector, which is one of the greatest benefits. Zinc Oxide is a sun protection agent that sits on top, rather than chemical sun creams which absorb UV rays. Zinc Oxide doesn’t cause hormone disruptions or skin irritations like chemical sun creams. It offers broad spectrum protection for all skin types and ages. For the best protection, choose a product that has high levels of Zinc Oxide.
- REN Clean Skincare Clean Screen Mineral SPF30 50ml – £28.80
- Omorovicza Mineral UV Shield SPF 30 100ml – £78.00
2. It is used to treat irritation and wounds
Zinc Oxide’s ability to heal wounds, and soothe irritation is one of its most well-known benefits. The Zinc Oxide acts in a similar way to UV rays. It forms a protective layer that aids wound healing and prevents them from becoming contaminated. Zinc Oxide is antibacterial and helps prevent infection. It also supports tissue growth and regeneration, which allows wounds to heal.
- Origins Out of Trouble 10 Minute Mask to Rescue Problem Skin 75ml – £19.20
- Uriage Bariéderm Cica-Cream with Copper-Zinc SPF50+ 40ml – £8.79
3. It reduces excess oil production and helps with acne
Zinc Oxide is a great option for those who struggle with shine. Zinc Oxide helps prevent excessive oil production by allowing the skin to contract in order to shrink pores and tighten the complexion.
It regulates sebum (oil), making it an effective treatment for acne. Its anti-inflammatory, antibacterial properties ensure that acne sufferers are kept calm. This helps to prevent flare-ups and kills bacteria. This ingredient is your new best friend. It helps to keep your skin looking smooth and matte for a radiant appearance.
- Smashbox Photo Finish Oil and Shine Control Primer 12ml – £12.80
- La Roche-Posay Cicaplast B5 Anti-Bacterial Cleansing Wash 200ml – £10.00
- COSRX Centella Blemish Cream 30ml – £16.80
- bareMinerals Blemish Rescue Skin-Clearing Loose Powder Foundation 6g (Various Shades) – £29.00
4. It works well in anti-aging
Zinc Oxide aids in tissue growth and renewal, including the repair and production of connective tissues. It is also responsible for keeping our skin youthful and bouncy. Your collagen production will be supported to keep your skin fuller and elastic. This will help prevent wrinkles and fine lines.
- Filorga Time-Filler Mat Cream 50ml – £62.00
5. It is used to treat Dandruff
Zinc Oxide should be in your shampoo, as well as your skincare. Zinc Oxide can help soothe itchy scalps, whether you have bad Dandruff, or just have dry scalps. Zinc Oxide also helps control oil production on the scalp. This will help to avoid those pesky greasy hair days.
- Uriage DS Hair Anti-Dandruff Treatment Shampoo 200ml – £9.67
- System Professional Balance Lotion 125ml – £18.24