Four Ways to Download Your Favorite Instagram Videos07.09.2021
Instagram reminded users recently that it is not a photo-sharing app or a square-photo sharing app. In fact, its parent company Facebook wants it be the central hub for sharing all types of videos, from TikTok-style Reels, to longer YouTube-like videos on IGTV. The need to save Instagram videos to be viewed offline is increasing as Instagram posts grow in number.
You won’t always have an internet connection. What if you don’t want to miss out on Instagram videos while you are up in the mountains or on your next long flight. It’s easy to download Instagram videos so you can take them wherever you go.
We will show you how to do it across all your devices. However, these methods can sometimes break once in a while. Instagram’s APIs change more frequently than other services. This means that the methods for downloading videos, photos and stories changes with them. Most of the time, the recommended methods will work as developers regularly update their apps and automations. There is always a chance that one of these methods might not work, even temporarily, don’t worry, just try to do the same a bit later.
How to download Instagram videos for iPhone
Apple’s Siri Shortcuts App is the best way to download Instagram videos to iPhone. There are many extensions and automations available for iOS. This app also has a great shortcut that allows you to download your saved videos. Here are the steps:
- Get the Shortcuts App for iPhone.
- Open the app and go to Gallery tab. Tap any shortcut that you see there.
- Run the shortcut once you have downloaded it. This will give you the ability to use shortcuts created by members of the iOS automation community.
- Once you have run any shortcut on your device once, go to Settings > Shortcuts.
- Allow untrusted short cuts.
- We are now ready to download the shortcut which will allow you to download media from Instagram. Use your iPhone to go to RoutineHub’s page for Instagram Download. (RoutineHub, a third-party gallery that allows Siri Shortcuts to be downloaded using your iPhone)
- Tap the Get Shortcut button on your device – once on RoutineHub and again on iCloud.com.
- This will open the Instagram Download shortcut from the Shortcuts app. Scroll down and tap the Add Untrusted Shortcut icon to add this shortcut for your iPhone.
- Once everything is downloaded and setup, open Instagram by tapping the three dots icon at the top-right corner for any post. Then tap Share to.
- Now you’ll see the iPhone sharesheet. Scroll down to select Instagram Download. You will be asked for access to your photo gallery and a shortcut. The shortcut will then walk you through a quick set up.
- After you have completed all the steps, you will be asked to log into Instagram from Scriptable. To ensure that Scriptable keeps your Instagram account logged in, make sure you select the Save Login Info option.
That’s all! To download almost anything and everything that has been posted to Instagram, follow the steps. You will see the saved items in the Photos app.
How to download Instagram videos for Android
There are many apps available for Android that allow you to download Instagram videos. One of these apps will allow you to save your videos quickly for offline viewing. These are the steps:
- Download Video Downloader for Instagram from your App store.
- Open Instagram, and navigate to the video that you wish to download. Tap the three dots icon at the top-right.
- Tap Copy Link
- The app will automatically copy the link that you have copied and switch to Video Downloader Instagram. It will even begin downloading the video for your.
After the video is downloaded, it will appear in your Photos or Gallery app.
How to download Instagram videos from your desktop
An app can be used to download Instagram videos to a computer or laptop.
- Download 4K Video downloader for Windows, macOS and Ubuntu Linux. This app is also great for downloading YouTube videos.
- Copy the link to the video that you want to download from Instagram. You can also right-click on any video to copy the link.
- Click the green Paste Link button to open 4K Video Downloader
- You will see a pop-up that allows you to view and save the format. You can also choose Extract Audio from this dropdown menu to only grab the audio. Click Download when you are done.
- After it finishes downloading, right-click on the video’s name and choose Play to play it immediately. Or, Show in Finder (which may differ on Windows and Linux) will show you where the file is stored on your computer.
How to download Instagram videos from the internet
Web-based Instagram downloaders are perfect for those who can’t or don’t want apps downloaded on their device. You will find many of them and most of them work well. A quick Google search should help you find a good option. We recommend Igram. Here’s how to download Instagram videos from that site.
- Copy the link to any video on Instagram by opening Instagram
- Copy the link to Igram’s website into the search box.
- Click the blue button to download.
- Igram will save and download the video to your computer.