Benefits of lemon tea and the best recipe here16.09.2021
Imagine if your morning cup of freshly brewed tea gave you a refreshed feeling and many other benefits. It sounds great, right? One such health-beneficial tangy drink is lemon tea. Easy-to-make, this tea can boost your mood and reduce calories. It can lower the risk of developing cancer, increase heart health, regulate blood sugar levels and soothe sore throats. We have covered the benefits of lemon tea as well as how to make it.
What is Lemon Tea?
Lemon tea can be made at home and it is very refreshing. It’s simply a green tea liquor or black tea that has had lemon juice added to it. Lemon juice can make the tea more vibrant and enhance its flavor. For the best taste, make sure to add enough lemon juice.
What are the health benefits of lemon tea?
1. It has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Vitamin C found in lemons has powerful qualities. It protects the body from environmental oxidative stresses and acts as a defense against many infections. It boosts immunity and decreases inflammation. Flavonoids in citrus fruits, such as lemons, fight free radicals. Citrus fruits’ anti-inflammatory properties can help reduce the risk of developing degenerative diseases. Lemon tea has antibacterial properties that may be able to fight certain bacteria such as Streptococcus mutagens and Lactobacillus acidophilus. Lemon tea is also more effective than just black and green teas.
2. Flavonoids and Limonoids may possess anti-cancer activity. Citrus fruits may contain compounds such as flavonoids or limonoids which have it. These compounds can help lower the risk of developing gastric cancer, breast and colon cancer, and other diseases. Antioxidants in lemons help prevent the growth and spread of cancer cells. Quercetin, which is a flavonoid found in lemons, also has anti-cancer qualities. This flavonoid is capable of blocking the growth of cancer cells in different stages of the cell cycle.
3. Vitamin C may improve your heart health. Lemons are a great source for vitamin C and can help you to maintain your cardiovascular health. Vitamin C may prevent atherosclerotic (accumulation of fats and cholesterol on and in the arteries walls) lesions. Drinking lemon tea may lower blood pressure and improve heart health.
4. Lemon tea may aid digestion. Its calming effects can help facilitate healthy digestion. It has been shown to help eliminate toxins and other waste products. This allows your body to absorb more beneficial compounds from food. Warm water and lemon may be combined to cleanse your digestive tract. This will help you digest better.
5. May boost mental health. Citrus fruits can help lower the risk of developing mental illness.
6. It may regulate blood sugar levels. These flavonoids could lower blood sugar and reduce the risk of developing diabetes. The citric acid found in lemon juice could help to prevent complications that can be associated with type 2 diabetes.
7. Lemon can help with a sore throat or cold. The liquid thins the mucus in your mouth. Warm water and lemon juice can be combined with honey to soothe the throat. Drinking honey and lemon juice together can help to reduce your cough and improve the quality or your sleep.
8. Lemon tea may be able to reduce the harmful effects of anesthesia as well as the pain experienced during menstruation. This is a subject that has been studied but not extensively. Additional information is needed.
9. Lemon tea may detoxify the body. It is a great detoxifier that removes toxins from your body. Multiple infections can be caused by toxins that have accumulated in the liver. Lemon tea’s citric acid can reduce liver damage.
10. Vitamin C from lemons may improve skin health. It protects against UV-induced photodamage. It stimulates collagen production, and helps to reduce wrinkle formation. Additional Health Benefits of Lemon Tea
- Vitamin C found in lemons can improve immune health.
- Lemon tea’s antioxidants, when combined with its stimulating aroma, may help relieve headaches.Lemons’ citric acid may reduce the likelihood of developing kidney stones.
How do you make lemon-infused tea?
Lemon tea can be made easily by simply adding the correct proportions of ingredients.
- 1 cup water
- Freshly squeezed lemon Juice
- 1 teaspoon of tea leaves
- For a sweet taste, use honey or sugar
- Heat water by placing a cup of water in a saucepan.
- Turn off the flame when the water boils.
- You can add 1/2 teaspoon to 3/4 teaspoons of tea leaves, depending on whether you prefer a stronger or lighter version.
- You can also use green tea in the exact same proportions.
- Allow it to steep for 2 to 3 minutes.
- To the tea liquor, add a quarter cup of lemon juice.
- For a more flavorful cup, add honey or sugar. You are now ready to enjoy your lemon tea.
Fresh ginger can be added to make the tea even more delicious. For added health benefits, you can also add mint leaves. It may also taste better if you add a little rock salt. Freshly prepared lemon tea with ginger can be enjoyed before you go to bed. This may increase your immunity and metabolism. This is how to make this delicious, tangy drink at home.