Short guide to the summer 2022 fashion trends for Petite ladies16.05.2022
Reese Witherspoon is just five feet tall at five foot one inch. Emilia Clarke, Game of Thrones star, just surpasses her at about five feet two inches. Kim Kardashian West, who stands at five feet three inches, barely surpasses them both at five feet three inches. They are on the shorter end of the spectrum, or “petite,” as the common retail terminology would say. They have never been able to pull off a red-carpet look. The same goes for influencers Alyssa Coleelli and Nadia Aboulhosn who show their followers how they can master the most innovative, out-there styles, regardless of their size.
You may be one of the select few who won’t use the top shelves in their closets. Here are our picks and recommendations for where to shop them.
Alyssa, a fashion consultant and influencer, says that she is a big fan of bermuda and longer-length shorts. They can be divisive but they can look great paired with frilly tops or sandals.
- Levi’s 501 Slouch Denim Bermuda shorts $79 Urban Outfitters
- AG Nikki Denim Shorts $168 Nordstrom
- Eloquii Bermuda Shorts in Denim $34.95
“I love long slip dresses but my short legs don’t allow me to wear them well.” Jessica Torres, a style blogger, says that she is five-foot-three inches tall and five-foot four inches wide on a good day. “I try not to appear shorter or floating. This trend can be embraced by me by slitting the dress or deepening it so we have more leg action while I walk, or pose for photos on the ‘gram.”
- ASOS Design Curve Cowl-Front Midi Slip Dress $20
- Petite Studio Linden Dress $149
- Slip dress by Wray $245 Stature
Nadia Aboulhosn, blogger, says that she loves wearing a skirt or dress with a high slit on the sides. “Another trick I use is to wear clear or lace up heels. I find that combining any or all of these can help lengthen my legs. It could be just my imagination, but it feels that way.”
- Steve Madden Evolve Wedge $100 Revolve
- Jeffrey Campbell Mystical Slides for Wedge $125 Shopbop
- Maryam Nassir Zadeh Paradise Widget in Black, $290.99
“High-waist summer trends are my favorite: maxidresses and block-heeled sandals. I also love crop tops!” says blogger Hang T Nguyen. “A crop top with a high waist bottom is my favorite summer outfit. This combination flatters the legs and makes them appear longer.”
- Alyssa Coscarelli x Petite Studio Fuji Top $139
- Rokoko Plus Ribbed Short-Sleeve Knitted Top $38 ASOS
- Samantha Pleet toto Blouse $150 Stature