Best home-made Vanilla Ice Cream10.08.2021
Who doesn’t like vanilla ice-cream on these hot summer days? We love! But there is nothing better than home-made one! Check out our favorite recipe.
- 2 cups half-and-half
- Whipping cream 1 cup
- Sugar 3/4 cup
- Peach preserves (not jelly) 2 tablespoons
- Vanilla bean, split and scraped 1
How to cook
- Mix everything in a large saucepan and place over medium heat.
- Heat it to 170 degrees F. Don’t forget to stir sometimes! Do not boil it. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Remove vanilla bean, pour mixture into lidded container and refrigerate overnight.
- Freeze mixture in ice cream freezer according to unit’s instructions. The mixture will not freeze hard in the machine.
- Once the volume has increased by 1/2 to 3/4 times, and reached a soft serve consistency, put it back into a lidded container and harden in the freezer at least 1 hour before serving.